Recently Kendall had to do a school project for her family studies class and was asking a bunch of questions of why I was happy to be in this stage of my life. So in honor of my quarter century birthday I thought I would be cool to jot down the top 25 Reasons I am happy to be 25. Most of them are just random thoughts but it will give you a look into the things I am extremely grateful for.
25. I love Chick-fil-a Icecream and I can eat it every day and no one can tell me not to. Well on this note I love eating all things at all hours of the day.
24. I finally know exactly what music I like. No more trying to figure out what my music taste is.
23. I kinda know how to cook now. (Well I have mastered about 5 dishes if you count chicken fingers, fries, and things like that.)
22. I love that I have a husband that will bring me home two of my favorite guilty pleasures all the time…Gossip Magazines and Red Hots.
21. I love that the Wallabies that I got in the 8th grade still fit and so super comfortable that I still wear them around all the time.
20. I love that I still get to sleep late on the weekends and don’t feel like too big of a bum because I am only 25.
19. I know what clothes I like to wear…No more dressing in outfits because others are wearing it or it is “in style”. I have found my style and like it.
18. I have a system and a schedule for running the household chores and all the tweaks have been worked out so it works for us. For example we only do laundry every other Sunday- so it doesn’t constantly feel like I am always folding clothes.
17. I love that I am finished with school and married and have closed that guessing game chapter of my life, so I don’t have to worry about what I am going to do when I grow up…But still young enough where I can still dream about what I am going to do when I grow up too.
16. I love going to see movies just about every week with Eric over the past 4 years…Pretty crazy seeing that I could have counted all the movies I saw in the theater on one hand before I met him. But there is something so very special about going to get a coffee and catching the midnight showing of a movie with only a couple other night owls in the audience with you.
15. I am excited that I only have completed one quarter of my life and I have at least three quarters of this life left to live.
14. I feel like I have mastered the whole pet thing. I can finally keep my reptiles, frogs, fish, etc alive and happy. I am especially proud because I feel like I have raised a pretty cool, well behaved, Super sweet dog. (I guess the next step is kids. Hopefully I will just as confident in how I raised them in my to 50 at 50 Blog post- or whatever we will have then.)
13. I have learned the importance of tithing and how much He appreciates it if you give him the first of your finances and trust him to provide for you financially. This was a hard area to relinquish control of my life. But am so grateful for the freedom in finances knowing that God will provide.
12. I have learned how to pick and choose your battles with people. And just because you may be right in a situation…If you say it at the wrong time it makes you wrong.
11. I have three incredibly cute nieces and nephews…They bring so much joy to all of our lives.
10. I am really happy with my job. I feel like I am not the kid right out of school anymore and finally feel like I know what I am doing (well kinda). I love all of my clients and find am very blessed that I get to work with some really great people.
9. I learned the most important thing in business is just to be honest and people will respect you for that. Simple concept I know but pretty difficult at times.
8. I love traveling. I am so grateful for all the cool places I have gotten to go my last 25 years and really looking forward to getting to go more places and experience the world and all the many cultures out there.
7. I know that I can handle anything life throws my way. I have walked thru “the valley”- a deep, dark, depressing, hard place and came out on top thanks to Jesus. Because of that I know that no matter what comes my way in the next 25 years that I will be just fine and He will give me what I need to win again.
6. I have learned the importance of just having fun. You can have a good time anywhere as long as you have a good attitude and act a little silly sometime. Some of my favorite moments are just dancing and singing- 2 of my very spectacular gifts that I have been blessed with and mastered over the past 25 years.
5. I know who my real friends are. It is the ones that stick by you in the good times and the bad times. They are the ones who you can call for advice with hard situations or just to brag about good things that happened that day to. No matter what…They are there. And I know each of you reading know who you are so to that a HUGE THANK YOU goes out. I would not be the person I am today without you. You are truly loved and cherished.
4. I have learned the importance of family. I know how important it is to to protect and preserve your family relationships. I am so blessed to have two wonderful families…both the Bakers and the Bushs. All the members of our family have a very unique and perfect place. (Perhaps that is another blog post…how each member has impacted my life.)
3. I love my marriage. It took us a while to get to this place but now it is AWESOME and so thankful to have such an amazing husband. We are finally at a wonderful place that I would not trade for anything.
2. I love my relationship with Jesus. It is crazy how when God is the center of your marriage how strong your personal relationship with God grows too.
1. I finally feel complete. No more searching for who I am… I have found it. I am at peace with my life and what I have become.
What are some of the reasons that make you happy to be the age you are?